Thursday, March 13, 2014

Half Marathon Training

WOW! I've been training for the Helsinki City Race Half Marathon for 2 weeks already. I can't believe it! So I thought I would write down my thoughts and what I'm doing to prepare.



My Goal:

2hrs 30mins or JUST FINISH.

What I'm Doing:

 


I'm using the Nike+ app on my iphone. I'm really liking how the coaching program works. I have a lady that tells me when I reach a mile and tells me my time and speed, when I've hit the half way point and when I'm almost to the finish-line.The app also prep-plans the run days, rest days and cross training days which is great.  I find this helps me pace myself during my runs.





As for extra energy for long runs I've been drinking Zipfizz. I find it kicks in at my half way point on my 5-6 mile runs, which is great. I do only use 1/2 a tube with a glass of water. :)



How Do I Feel:

During my runs I've been feeling great. I run normally, so running long distances is not bad for me. However, I did a 7 mile run 2 weeks ago, and ever since I've been having knee problems. Also, with the longer runs, my feet have been sore, but luckily I have rest days :)


 I'm just taking is easy with my knee, but today's 3 mile run went pain free until the end.

I think this was a good short 2 week up date. :) here's to week 3!

Thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment